While a home inspector cannot tell you what something may cost to repair, we can give you some general guidance. We always recommend that you get a qualified expert in the area of concern (i.e., plumber, electrician, roofer, HVAC) to evaluate and prepare an estimate of repairs. Think of your home inspector as a general practitioner who would refer you out to a surgeon, orthopedist, gastroenterologist, or cardiologist if they observed an area that required a more in-depth evaluation for treatment.